Waldorf Soccer Club
Juggling Hall of Fame
The Waldorf Soccer Club is proud to announce the formation of the “Juggling Hall of Fame.” Any player from the Club can enter by demonstrating their ability to make a set number of consecutive touches on the ball without the ball touching the ground. There will be incentive prizes given as player’s reach different levels. And the player’s name will be permanently added to the Waldorf Soccer Club’s Juggling Hall of Fame Roster. This program is designed to inject a little excitement and incentive into the art of juggling a soccer ball.
A player’s touch on the ball is vital in soccer. If a player can juggle the ball consistently, they are more likely to be able to consistently control the ball in a game situation. It also shows the player is in control of the ball and the ball is not controlling them. It’s a great way for players to learn how the ball reacts to different touches and surfaces. Juggling can also improve a player’s confidence on the ball. And, not to mention, it is fun! Click on the links below for some juggling tutorial videos.
This program is for all players; recreational, travel or county.
Players may test through and including the All-Star level with their coach and one other responsible adult. The coach will contact the Club President, any of the Waldorf Soccer Club’s Vice Presidents, or the Coaching Advisor when a player has successfully achieved a level. A player wishing to test for the All-American level and above must contact one of the Waldorf Soccer Club officials noted above to schedule a test.
Contact information for these individuals can be found under the ‘contact board members’
link on the Club’s homepage.
· Players must start with the ball on the ground and lift the ball into the air with their feet.
· An attempt is considered trying to lift the ball from the ground with the foot, trying to juggle with it, and then the ball coming in contact with the ground again
· The player must reach the specified number of juggles for that level by making the required number of consecutive touches without the ball touching the ground.
· A maximum of three attempts per test will be allowed and only two tests per day will be allowed.
· A player wishing to attempt to move up to a higher level, must do the required number of juggles for the higher level. In other words, the touches the player used to reach the lower level at a previous date cannot be used to count towards the higher level.
Levels (number of required touches):
- Mini Master (5 touches – U6 age group only)
- Novice (10 touches)
- Elite (25 touches)
- Premier (50 touches)
- All-Star (75 touches)
- All-American (100 touches)
- Collegiate (175 touches)
- Champion (250 touches)
- Olympian (500 touches)
- World Cup (1000 touches)
· Mini Master - Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame certificate.
· Novice - Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame certificate.
· Elite – Name on the Club website and a mini-soccer ball.
· Premier - Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame T-shirt with accomplishment on back.
· All-Star - Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame T-shirt with accomplishment on back.
· All-American – Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame T-shirt with accomplishment on back.
· Collegiate – Name on the Club website and a Juggling Hall of Fame T-shirt with accomplishment on back.
· Champion – Name on the Club website and Adidas Juggling Hall of Fame jersey with accomplishment on back.
· Olympian – Same as Champion PLUS four tickets to a DC United home game.
· World Cup – Same as Olympian PLUS an autographed DC United team jersey OR autographed DC United team ball (depending on avaliability).