Page last updated on 8/5/2017
U10 -U19 Rec Program
The Waldorf Soccer Club(WSC) U10, U12, U15 and U19 Rec Teams participate in the Charles County Parks and Rec, Southern Maryland Youth Soccer League (SMYSL).
They practicing at local practice fields, playing games against other WSC, La Plata Youth Soccer Association (LPYSA), Bryans Roads Soccer Association (BRSA) and Southern Maryland Youth Organization (SMYO) Rec Teams at the Bryantown Sports Complex in Bryantown, MD, Laurel Springs Regional Park in La Plata, MD, Pomonkey Annex in Bryans Road, MD and the White Plains Regional Park in White Plains, MD.
Link to the Charles County Parks and Rec Page: http://www.charlescountyparks.com/parks/outdoor-sports#YouthSoccer
Link to the SMYSL Rec Guidelines:
Age Group Divisions and Required Birth Date Ranges
U10 Rec (Jan 1, 2008 - Dec 31, 2009)
U12 Rec (Jan 1, 2006 - Dec 31, 2007)
U15 Rec (Jan 1, 2003 - Dec 31, 2005)
U19 Rec (Jan 1, 1999 - Dec 31, 2002)
Here are the details for the Fall 2017 U10 - U19 Rec Season...
- The Rec coaches will receive their team roster the weekend of August 19th. Parents and Players should be notified by the coach no later than the weekend of August 26th.
- Practices are scheduled to start the week of August 21st. Practice days, times and locations will be provided by the team coach.
- Games are scheduled to begin on Saturday, September 9th (times TBD), with 8 to 10 games played typically on Saturday's thru October 28th.
- Team Jerseys and Socks will be provided to the team coaches before the September 9th Opening Day.
- Teams/Practices/Games will be managed by volunteer coaches.
- Bring a water bottle and appropriate size 4 (U10 & 12 teams) or size 5 (U15 & U19 teams) soccer ball.
- Soccer cleats are highly recommended.
- Shin guards are mandatory.
- Any color t-shirt, black athletic shorts or pants are recommended for practices along with socks that cover the shin guards. Please do not wear your team jersey or team socks to practices.
Optional- Free Friday Night Player Development Sessions @ Bryantown Sports Complex from 6:00pm to 7:30pm will begin in September. Click "HERE" for more details.